Public, Healthcare, Finance & Retail
The purpose of our IT service operation stage of the service lifecycle is to coordinate and carry out the activities and processes required to deliver and manage IT services at agreed levels to our client’s users and customers. Our IT service operation is also responsible for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support IT services.
Our IT service operation is a critical stage of the service lifecycle. Our well-planned and well-implemented processes will be to no avail if the day-to-day operation of those processes is not properly conducted, controlled and managed. Nor will IT service improvements be possible if day-to-day activities to monitor performance, assess metrics and gather operational data are not systematically conducted during IT service operation.
We will also ensure that your staff involved in our IT service operation stage of the service lifecycle have processes and support tools in place that allow them to have an overall view of the IT service operation and delivery (rather than just the separate components, such as hardware, software applications, and networks, that make up the end-to-end IT service from a business perspective). These processes and tools will also detect any threats or failures to IT service quality.
As IT services may be provided, in whole or in part, by one or more partners/suppliers, the IT service operation view of the end-to-end IT service will be extended to encompass external aspects of IT service provision. When necessary, shared or interfacing processes and tools should be deployed to manage cross-organizational workflows.
The objectives of our IT service operation are to:
- Maintain business satisfaction and confidence in IT through effective and efficient delivery and support of agreed IT services
- Minimize the impact of IT service outages on day-to-day business activities
- Ensure that access to agreed IT services is only provided to those authorized to receive those IT services.
Adopting and implementing standard and consistent approaches for IT service operation will:
- Reduce unplanned labor and costs for both your business operations and your IT through optimized handling of IT service outages and identification of their root causes.
- Reduce the duration and frequency of IT service outages which will allow your business to take full advantage of the value created by the IT services you are receiving.
- Provide operational results and data that can be used by our other processes to improve IT services continually and provide justification for investing in ongoing IT service improvement activities and supporting technologies.
- Meet the goals and objectives of your IT security policy by ensuring that IT services will be accessed only by those authorized to use them.
- Provide quick and effective access to standard IT services which your staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products.
- Provide a basis for automated operations, thus increasing efficiencies and allowing expensive human resources to be used for more innovative work, such as designing new or improved functionality or defining new ways in which your business can exploit technology for increased competitive advantage.